In Store

Sunday 23 October 2011

Working, Working Working!

What a week its been. I received a phone call from my previous employer, Rhinegold Publishing, asking if I could do some freelance work for a couple of weeks from home. Needless to say we need the money so I jumped at the chance but Oh Boy what a juggling act it has been with looking after my little 1 year old daughter especially as she wants to play on the laptop and punch all the keys like Mummy! She can be happily playing away with her toys or some little oddity that she has found lying around, out comes the laptop and Pow! she pounces straight away causing all sorts of chaos to happen on screen. I am on the look out for kiddies laptop and Amazon seem to have a lot of choice so will have a browse and choose something for her age group. I have also been selling lots of vintage jewellery through Ebay this week and now have to restock my shop...when I get a spare moment. I am sitting on bags of other vintage jewellery awaiting repair so need to get cracking and learn how to use a soldering torch to fix 'em up as it could help to pay some bills.
Autumn is here and I have been enjoying the best of what it has to offer - hot chocolate, pumpkins and beautiful Autumnal colour - I made some lovely pumpkin and cinnamon cupcakes topped with cream cheese icing which went down a storm. YUM! Very easy to make by simply grating pumpkin flesh and adding it to the mixture. I have about 4 more pumpkins to get creative with - a shame their season is so short as I think they are very undervalued as an edible vegetable. Of course I'll be carving one for halloween and putting it in my window to draw in the trick or treaters. I don't think I'll dress my baby girl up this year but maybe next! I also finished the Christmas cake that I mentioned last time and it all looks great. A bit of an origami lesson though with double lining the tin but it is worth all the effort to stop the outside from burning etc. Now I just need to decide how to decorate it this year and of course feed it regularly with more Rum! The first picture is of the 3 sets of ingredients ready to combine into one - the dry, the wet and then the soaked fruit and the second picture shows off my origami skills!





Today we went to Sheffield Park Gardens to take in the beautiful Autumn leaves and we weren't disappointed especially as it reached a balmy 18c and blue skies all around. People were sitting basking in the sun having ice creams! I took a few photos with my little digital but felt inferior with all the big flashy cameras around so hopefully I've managed to capture some of the splendour! Little H seemed to enjoy it too waving at all the passers by and sharing our picnic.






Before I sign off I just wanted to send some birthday wishes to my Mum. Here's thinking of you! xxx

Until next time
Fiona

1 comment:

Mum said...

Dont worry about people with their fancy cameras, your pictures of Sheffield Park are really lovely, good enough to print off and frame, or make into a calendar! Hope the rest of your work for Rhinegold goes ok. I have lots of pumpkin/squashes to use, so might try some muffins.
Mum xxx